Sunday, August 10, 2008

Home again.

So, we successfully traveled to another country with a two year old. To many it may not seem that big of a deal, but I was really nervous. Not only for how he was going to adjust to the significant time change, but how we were all going to survive in the extremely expensive land of Norway.

It took a couple of days to get over the shock of how expensive things were. I only had one meal the first few days, because I didn't want to be broke and homeless when we returned to the US. Let me give you an example of what I mean when I say expensive. (Sorry Anette and Barrett, but it is the truth and I have to talk about it). The first night we were there we went to a Tapas restaurant and for a like a burrito is was about $25-$30 a plate minus the rice and beans. I was a little sick to my stomach, so I went with the cheese quesadilla which was about 98 Kroner, which translates into about $20. I was able to enjoy myself a little better after enjoying the local beer Aass, which we paid about $10 dollars a pint for. The next day we enjoyed a delicious lunch of hamburgers that were only $29 a piece.

The most shocking expense of all was when I ran to the local grocer to buy some beer.
After picking out three six packs I headed for the cash register, but somehow I miss read the sign thinking that I was only spending 24 Kroner for each six pack, but nearly peed my pants when the checker said that will be 461 Kroner! So, to enjoy the local brew I spent about $92 on three six packs. OMG!

I hope you all realize that we did not buy souvenirs for anyone.


Overall, we really enjoyed ourselves. We stayed up most nights until 4 am or later just hanging out and catching up with family. But, as always it is nice being back home and catching up on some sleep, and again Minor is adjusting quite well.

No comments: